Today wasn't much better than yesterday. Although there were two GOOD things that almost, but not quite balance out the bad.
1) the weather is GORGEOUS. Maybe not quite 70 like my computer claims, but still quite nice. In the middle of Ulpan today we had a tour of campus, led by a woman whose sense of style would have fit very nicely in the early 80s. spiked (though thinning) top of her hair, with a below-shoulder-length mullet in back...five rings through one ear, a long dangly silver thing in the other...and the clothes...oy. OH, AND, egyptian eyes. nuff said. but it was gorgeous out and i understood most of what she said (when i was paying attention) and she showed us one of the most beautiful views of the city that i've ever seen, and yeah.
2) the discovery of a mini supermarket, CLOSE to our dorm. yup. and ben and jerry's mini-cups for 10 NIS. woot.
1) NO INTERNET. EVIL.
2) FEMALENESS. EVIL.
3) 8:15AM. EVIL.
4) NO INTERNET. DENSE/STUPID ISRAELIS.
5) MOLDY BREAD. after five days. ummmmwhat? oh, lookie that. the BAG HAD HOLES. WONDERFUL. thank you israeli supermarket!
6) DID I MENTION WE DONT HAVE INTERNET???? I AM SO SICK OF THIS CAFE!
between the hormones, the tiredness, and all, i just want to scream or punch someone or both. Sorry.
three weeks ago, we were at the airport. crazy, huh. if only we had known what awaited us...*sigh*