Tuesday, February 3, 2009

SSDD

Today wasn't much better than yesterday. Although there were two GOOD things that almost, but not quite balance out the bad.
1) the weather is GORGEOUS. Maybe not quite 70 like my computer claims, but still quite nice. In the middle of Ulpan today we had a tour of campus, led by a woman whose sense of style would have fit very nicely in the early 80s. spiked (though thinning) top of her hair, with a below-shoulder-length mullet in back...five rings through one ear, a long dangly silver thing in the other...and the clothes...oy. OH, AND, egyptian eyes. nuff said. but it was gorgeous out and i understood most of what she said (when i was paying attention) and she showed us one of the most beautiful views of the city that i've ever seen, and yeah.
2) the discovery of a mini supermarket, CLOSE to our dorm. yup. and ben and jerry's mini-cups for 10 NIS. woot.

bad:
1) NO INTERNET. EVIL.
2) FEMALENESS. EVIL.
3) 8:15AM. EVIL.
4) NO INTERNET. DENSE/STUPID ISRAELIS.
5) MOLDY BREAD. after five days. ummmmwhat? oh, lookie that. the BAG HAD HOLES. WONDERFUL. thank you israeli supermarket!
6) DID I MENTION WE DONT HAVE INTERNET???? I AM SO SICK OF THIS CAFE!
between the hormones, the tiredness, and all, i just want to scream or punch someone or both. Sorry.

three weeks ago, we were at the airport. crazy, huh. if only we had known what awaited us...*sigh*

6 comments:

  1. at least you don't have SNOW/ICE/COLD and a leak in the roof that is ruining your ceiling like you'd have if you were home right now... ;^]>

    l/dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor baby - i'm sending you a hug... did you get it??

    love ya -- mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you remember a guy in my year named Joe Linksman? I was at Julie's Place with my dad and Cassie (suitemate from UMass) and something caught my eye and i saw him but didnt remember from what... then i turned my head back and I hear "hey gabs" and its him talking to me. I found him through facebook eventually to figure out what his name was but it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. one word...ISraeli time. Don't you just love it?
    It's almost 70 there???? That's sooo not cool. It's gross here with snow and clouds and ugh.
    and I know how 8:15 feels...it sux! But don't you actually start at 830?
    I miss you tons! I haven't been going to worcester, but I still miss our lunch and dinner dates :(
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I have no idea when the next time we're gonna talk on aim is so yeah i made a blogspot for going to south korea!

    http://gabrielleabroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Punch your mattress, soften it up a bit. Kills two birds with one stone: soft mattress and relieve stress! :D

    ReplyDelete